The Alliance for Water Efficiency is a stakeholder-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the efficient and sustainable use of water. Headquartered in Chicago, the Alliance serves as a North American advocate for water efficient products and programs, and provides information and assistance on water conservation efforts.
The Alliance has embarked on seven key tasks to support and enhance water conservation efforts, providing benefit to water utilities, water conservation professionals, planners, regulators, and consumers:
- Stand as a clear and authoritative national voice for water efficiency.
- Provide comprehensive information about water-efficient products, practices, and programs--what works and what doesn’t.
- Represent the interest of water efficiency in the development of codes and standards.
- Transform the market for fixtures and appliances.
- Coordinate with green building initiatives to institutionalize water efficiency.
- Train water conservation professionals.
- Educate water users.