Have a question?
Contact Northwest Water & Energy Education Institute at: 541-463-6160.
Sustainable Building Advisor Certificate Program
A Learning Experience Designed for Professionals
Next Session Begins October 2013
- Learn to improve a building’s economic and environmental performance.
- Enhance your career through a nine-month, in-depth training.
- One weekend/per month classes adapted for the working professional.
The Sustainable Building Advisor (SBA) Certificate Program is a nine-month, specialized training program, designed to enable graduates to advise employers or clients on strategies and tools for implementing sustainable building.Benefits from participating in the SBA program often include saving long term building operating costs, improving the environmental, social and economic viability of the region, reducing environmental impacts and owner liability plus a chance to improve your skills in a rapidly growing field.
By the end of this training program, participants will be able to:
- Identify and discuss the key practices of sustainable building.
- Establish competencies in applying LEED™, Built Green™ and other relevant criteria or established guidelines.
- Analyze the costs and benefits of incorporating sustainable building measures.
- Take advantage of financial incentives and technical assistance offered by governments, utilities and non-profit organizations.
- Work with architects, designers, builders, building operators, and utilities to improve a building’s performance.
- Establish a sustainable design goal for project development.
- Assist in the education and training of staff in sustainable building.
Sustainable Building Advisor Certification
To receive certificate of completion, students will be required to demonstrate understanding and competencies of the course material through participation in small group project presentations and written papers.Presentations and written papers will be scored on a pass-fail basis. In addition, students successfully completing the course may take a national exam which, if passed, allows them to use the designation of “Certified Sustainable Building Advisor” or “C.S.B.A.”
Who Should Attend?
|Architects & Engineers
|Tenant & Developer Representatives
|Other Building Industry Professionals
|Resource Conservation Specialists
Page 1 of 3 All Pages
< Prev Next >
and Generous Donations By
BetterBricks: An initiative of the
Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
Registration for professional training is quick and easy. You may even qualify for free training through your employer and or a paid scholarship.
“We are like tenant farmers chopping down the fence around our house for fuel when we should be using Nature's inexhaustible sources of energy -- sun, wind and tide. ... I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don't have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle that.”
Lane Community College