A Learning Experience Designed for Professionals
This program has been retired and is no longer offered through NWEEI.
- Learn to improve a building’s economic and environmental performance.
- Enhance your career through a nine-month, in-depth training.
- One weekend/per month classes adapted for the working professional.
The Sustainable Building Advisor (SBA) Certificate Program is a nine-month, specialized training program, designed to enable graduates to advise employers or clients on strategies and tools for implementing sustainable building.Benefits from participating in the SBA program often include saving long term building operating costs, improving the environmental, social and economic viability of the region, reducing environmental impacts and owner liability plus a chance to improve your skills in a rapidly growing field.
By the end of this training program, participants will be able to:
- Identify and discuss the key practices of sustainable building.
- Establish competencies in applying LEED™, Built Green™ and other relevant criteria or established guidelines.
- Analyze the costs and benefits of incorporating sustainable building measures.
- Take advantage of financial incentives and technical assistance offered by governments, utilities and non-profit organizations.
- Work with architects, designers, builders, building operators, and utilities to improve a building’s performance.
- Establish a sustainable design goal for project development.
- Assist in the education and training of staff in sustainable building.
Sustainable Building Advisor Certification
To receive certificate of completion, students will be required to demonstrate understanding and competencies of the course material through participation in small group project presentations and written papers.Presentations and written papers will be scored on a pass-fail basis. In addition, students successfully completing the course may take a national exam which, if passed, allows them to use the designation of “Certified Sustainable Building Advisor” or “C.S.B.A.”
Who Should Attend?
|Architects & Engineers||Contractors|
|Tenant & Developer Representatives||Project Managers|
|Other Building Industry Professionals||Students|
|Resource Conservation Specialists|
- Next >>