Vivint, is the largest home automation company in North America. With nearly one million customers, Vivint is dedicated to enhancing home and family life through simple, intelligent products and services.
Our Field Service Professionals (FSP) combine technical skills with world-class customer service, while working a non-traditional schedule including evenings and weekend hours. Based from home, FSP’s manage Vivint customer accounts within a geographical assignment.
Field Service Professionals are responsible for evaluating and installing equipment for our customers’ security and home automation needs. FSP’s are responsible for training on the proper use of equipment, and presenting options for security and home automation coverage. FSP’s must be comfortable recommending additional products they feel may benefit our customers’ home.
- Interact and communicate well with customers.
- Exhibit professional appearance and conduct while providing a world-class customer experience.
- Ensure on-time arrival to daily customer appointments.
- Maintain and manage adequate inventory levels of product and equipment.
- Install and service authorized equipment in customers’ homes.
- Work safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property and loss of materials and equipment.
- Explain and provide detailed system capabilities and operational instructions to customers.
- Promote and sell additional equipment and services to customers during each visit.
- Clean installation debris in each home after all service and installation visits.
- Accurately complete necessary paperwork, including work orders, customer contracts, and time clock punches.
- Conduct routine maintenance and inventory of company products and equipment including company provided vehicles.
- Current, valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Reliable, state registered, state inspected and state insured transportation for the first 90 days of employment.
- Must participate in our Vivint Fleet Vehicle Program. With the option of using the Vivint fleet vehicle at the incurrence of a $0.40 per mile ($0.25 per km) personal use fee.
- Submit to a criminal history check and obtain clearance from the state based on the state requirements.
- Must remain smoke-free while on site with customers and while operating Vivint fleet vehicles.
- Available to work the required shift that will be presented to you prior to being hired.
- Stay standing for extended periods of time.
- Be able to safely maneuver through shallow attics and crawl underneath homes.
- Must have basic knowledge of and ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Experience as a construction worker, electrician, or other technician may be helpful.
- Superior customer service skills
- High School diploma required
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Experience working with minimal supervision
- Technical diploma, Certificate of Completion, Military experience is a plus
- Bilingual skills is a plus
This unique position with Vivint offers the following…
- Work from home
- Company car (Insurance/Gas/Maintenance Included)
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical/Dental/Vision/401k)
- Company phone used to communicate with online database for testing, receiving and closing job tasks
- Compensation package with a base salary, plus incentives/bonuses based on performance, upgrades and paid overtime