Coldwell Solar handles the entire solar installation process; including permits, rebates, engineering, construction, on-going monitoring, and support of the system for years, as an energy partner.
This position reports to the Rocklin office and has travel requirements.
- Complete construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling projects
- Completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors, and staff
- Extensive traveling is required
- Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- Communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies, and procedures
- Manages sub-contractors by locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors; monitoring, and controlling performance
- Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans, and reviews
- Implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, resolving problems, and identifying construction management system improvements
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions; providing non-project annual operating, and capital budget information
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose, and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards, and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling, and coordinating staff, and sub-contractors
- Evaluating milestone assumptions, and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating, and implementing change orders
- Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases; obtaining approvals from buyers
- Prevents fines, and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Updates job knowledge by tracking, and understanding emerging construction practices, and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new, and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Estimating, and attention to detail
Construction Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Electrical construction background would be a plus.
Project Management, Quality Management, Supervision, Managing Profitability, Delegation, Supply Management, ADA Requirements, Civil Project Management, Quality Focus.