Our client is an engineering business which manufactures "solar trackers". They manufacture dual axis tracker mounts and are expanding their product range into both single axis and fixed mount trackers.
The Business Development Manager will manage business development and sales activities (complete sales cycle) and orders, work with engineering and production flow(s) to ensure timeliness of all orders leading to the meeting of assigned quotas/goals. You will also manage sales/system processes to ensure firm hand-off's to respective functional agents (Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, Billing, Etc…), who ultimately deliver manufactured products or services to customers. The business development professional here will be skilled and accomplished with a demonstrably successful sales track record. It is essential that you understand the "renewables" / solar energy industry.
There are some powerful and compelling reasons why a competent business development professional should consider this position.
- Start up venture with the potential to build your own business development niche.
- Backing of a large chemicals and solar energy business with international reach.
- Opportunity to play a significant role in the success of a new business and reap the attendant benefits from this success.
- Opportunity to participate in the growing "renewables" industry which is supported and encouraged at a city, state and federal level.
- Reporting line directly to the head of business development and then to the CEO ensures visibility.
- If you are a person to who the word "green" means more than just a color, this position may well speak directly to your values.
If you are an accomplished sales professional who is unafraid of a challenge and eager to be master of your own future, reach out to us. We just may be able to deliver what you want.
The role specifics include.
1. Identify, prospect and contact decision makers at all levels in respective businesses.
2. Cultivate customer relationships with commercial & industrial, institutional and governmental organizations.
3. Develop, maintain and manage a sales pipeline in support of assigned business goals and objectives.
4. Create sales plans and strategies for prospective customers including understanding & analyzing prospect operations, understanding customer business objectives & risk tolerances.
5. Educate the customer on their energy options, prepare and deliver presentations, negotiate and close energy supply agreements.
6. Develop, manage and execute a territory sales plan.
7. Manage business development, sales activities and orders.
8. Work with engineering and production flow(s) to ensure timeliness of all orders leading to the meeting of assigned quotas/goals.
9. Manage sales/system processes to ensure firm hand-off's to respective functional agents (Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, Billing etc), who ultimately deliver manufactured products or services to customers.
10. Develop and build business partnerships by contacting potential partners, discovering, and exploring business opportunities to grow and enhance revenue.
It should be noted that, in order to be considered for this role, you MUST have prior business development experience in the solar or "renewables" industry.