At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including
Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
These roles will be located in the Los Angeles and San Diego offices. In the role of BAS Specialist you will be responsible for supporting the sales team by developing technical solutions with the goal of increasing controls systems and hardware sales for the district office. The BAS Specialist will be a subject matter expert in controls to support work with owners, contractors and consulting engineer/architect accounts.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Identifies potential opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Collects project data and compares to the office’s capabilities.
- Gathers and validates preliminary information and performing facility walk throughs, construction plan reviews or other requirements.
- Determines project needs, constraints, & responsibility to meet all of the customer’s HVAC system design and installation requirements.
- Prepares, finalizes, and reviews preliminary proposal.
- Participates in development of proposal price and selling strategy.
- Prepares transition documents and communicates project readiness for assignment to operations team.
- Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing facility-related solutions for the customer’s HVAC, energy, and integration issues.
- Consistently ascertains customer technical needs and current market opportunities.
- Assembles, coordinates and interacts with sales team as needed for customer presentation preparation.
- Provides marketplace feedback, including competitive information, customer expectations, industry trends, etc.
- Presents the overall Trane Controls offering conceptually to all types of buyers.
- Manages the technical review and transition to operations processes.
- Manages tasks associated with complex building automation systems including the integration of third party systems.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required and travel up to 25% (overnight >10%)
- Bachelor's or Associate’s degree in engineering, business or related field strongly preferred with 3-5 years of experience, with specific expertise in HVAC Controls and Building Automation systems / solutions
- Must have a strong technical understanding of HVAC systems with the ability to write scopes, sequences, and control specifications for engineering customers
- Must have strong presentation skills and demonstrated experience pricing systems for customers
- A proven track record of technical sales success
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.