The Application / ProposalEngineer’s primary responsibility is to perform preliminary design/analysis andestimating of heat exchanger equipment in support of competitive bids forfuture projects. The Application / Proposal Engineer’s mission is to providetechnical solutions in accordance with current thermal and mechanical codes. TheApplication / Proposal Engineer is the client’s primary technical contactduring the completion of proposals and review of proposals in the form ofverbal and written communications.
Managing the full life-cycle of proposals including specification compliance.
Perform thermal design of water and air cooled condensers, feed water heaters, non-fired heat exchangers using commercially available and proprietary thermal rating programs.
Perform mechanical design of heat exchangers and pressure vessels necessary to complete technical design to meet proposal requirements.
Develop equipment specifications for purchased items needed for proposal submission.
Primary point of contact with strategic vendors needed to support equipment purchased to complete proposal.
Compile pricing and present design and pricing information to management.
Create and submit proposals which are clear and professional and in accordance with written procedures and processes and the client’s request for proposal.
Respond to client questions through proposal evaluation process.
Manage multiple proposals for multiple clients at any given time.
Collect, develop and maintain proposal material for re-use across multiple proposals, ultimately contributing to and developing a proposal materials library.
Support other Heat Transfer Division activities that are aligned with the engineer’s experience and skills.
Selected candidate will haveappropriate education and professional background to meet position responsibilities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required, MS Degree in Engineering preferred
- Working knowledge of the ASME Code for pressure vessel design is required
- Demonstrated experience with Heat Transfer, Heat Exchanger, Air Cooled Condenser, Thermodynamics, HEI, ASME, and HTRI
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of programs is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Power industry experience is required
- Independent and individual contributor
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Fluency in a foreign language is a definite plus
10%, typically one or two trade shows a year andkick-off meetings with clients, upon successful proposal effort.