If you have the talent and drive to work for a rapidly growing entrepreneurial company, AEE Solar may be the just employer you are seeking.
With a three-decade commitment to quality, professionalism, and superior technical support and customer service, AEE Solar has earned a reputation as one of North America’s leading wholesale distributors of renewable energy systems and equipment.
AEE Solar, a subsidiary of Sunrun Inc., is looking for a Territory Sales Manager for the Western region. Work remotely - Southern CA
Location: West (Hawaii, So. Ca., Arizona)
The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) is responsible for the performance of their identified geographical sales territory, with a primary focus on developing new deal accounts and maintaining existing dealer accounts. The TSM will be responsible for developing and executing a territory sales strategy, including customer acquisition strategy, sales goals, customer communication, reporting, etc. TSM’s receive some leads from the company and are also responsible for generating their own leads and developing new dealers. The TSM should be able to combine knowledge of alternative energy technologies and installation with the entrepreneurial skills and people skills necessary in an outside sales environment. TSM’s will also participate in Ad-Hoc work teams, process mapping, systems and skill training, personal development and master an understanding company strategy and goals. TSM’s maintain a (remote) home office (ideally in So. Ca.) and travel to meet with existing and potential dealers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new dealer accounts: Contact new dealers within the territory, assess their potential, and follows up appropriately according to the potential of the dealer.
- Develop and Maintain Existing Dealers accounts: Monitor the performance of all dealers and respond to changes in dealer performance accordingly. Send end-user referrals to dealers, tracking the success of the referral. Respond to the needs of the dealers.
- The TSM is responsible for the performance of the territory as projected in the sales portion of the annual budget. TSM to consistently monitor actual performance vs. budget and to respond appropriately to the results
- Attend internal and external sales meetings and dealer conferences.
- Participate in Ad-Hoc work teams, process mapping, systems and skill training, personal development and master an understanding of company strategy and goals.
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND OTHER SKILLS)
- Three to five years of previous solar sales experience and knowledge of solar industry.
- Degree in relevant field is a plus, not required
- Proficient with computer software programs such as the full Microsoft suite, ERP software (Oracle a plus).
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, communicate to external and internal professional individuals and organizations, multi-task, self-starter, work with little supervision, and uphold a professional demeanor.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and work with little or no supervision, this position requires continual analytical research methods, precise calculations and the ability to “think outside of the box", as well being prepared for continual change. Should possess excellent organizational and self-management skills.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package designed to reward you for your hard work and performance. Our benefits include competitive base pay, paid time off and health and welfare benefits such as medical, dental, vision and 401K.